Friday, July 22, 2011

Rock Vixen (PTU) Tutorial



This tutorial was written by Dianna Richards of Digicats (and Dogs)/Di Before Dawn Tutorials. Any resemblance to any other tutorial, published or unpublished, living, dead or undead, is purely coincidental.

Please do not rebroadcast, redistribute or otherwise claim this tutorial or any part there of as your own work.




Items you will need to complete this project:

The Blah Blah Baby taggers kit by A Taggers Scrap. This is a PTU kit which is available at Stargazer Scraps and other fine online stores.

Tube of choice. I am using Meow Meow Meow, by Alfadesire. This is a PTU tube, and you must have a license to use this tube, which is available at Pics for Design.

Mask of choice. I am using the Grunge82 mask by Nik's Scripts & Scraps which is part of her PSP Masks Mega Pack.

Font(s) and/or alpha of choice. I am using Century Gothic which is a Windows System font. If you do not have it, you can download it HERE.

I am also using the Goth Chick alpha by Sarah Bryan. This is a FTU alpha that is available at the link provided.




Note that H# and V# refer to horizontal and vertical coordinates on your canvas ruler grid. Make sure you have View -> Rulers checked in order to see the ruler grid.

When I say "Add to your canvas" I expect that you will copy and paste it as a new layer, unless otherwise stated in the tutorial.

This tutorial assumes you have a working knowledge of PSP. It was written using PSP X3, but should work in PSP 8 and up.

To begin, open a new raster layer canvas, 800 x 800 pxl, flood fill white.

Open paper of choice. I am using paper3a. Layers -> Load/Save Mask -> Load Mask from Disk and select mask of choice. I am using Grunge82 by Nik's Scripts and Scraps. Make sure the fit to canvas box is checked, then click on load.

Edit -> Copy special -> Copy Merged and add to main canvas, centered.

Open glitter stars and add to main canvas, centered at H500, V400.

Open frame3 and rotate right. Add to main canvas, centered.

Open tube of choice. I am using Meow Meow Meow by Alfadesire. Select options of choice. Resize to 45%, copy merged, and add to main canvas, centered.

Open chain and add to main canvas, centered at H200, V400.

Open curlyribbon1, and resize to 75%. Add to main canvas, centered at H400, V650.

Open chickenwire and resize to 65%. Add to main canvas, centered at H250, V600.

Open bottlecap1 and add to main canvas, centered at H200, V650.

Open note3 and add to main canvas, centered at H500, V150. Open additional notes of choice and add along the left side of frame to taste.

Open label1, and add to main canvas, centered at H450, V650. Image -> free rotate -> rotate left -> 17 degrees.

Open lights2 and add to main canvas, centered at H250, V300.

Open splatter4, and add to main canvas, centered at H550, V400.

Starting with Raster3 on the main canvas, and working upward, add a drop shadow of choice to each of the elements on the main canvas, except for the Lights layer. I am using offsets - horizontal and vertical - of 5 each, opacity of 75%, blur of 15, and color of off black (#202020).

On the materials pallet, set your foreground color to transparent, and your background color to silver (#cdcdcd). Using font of choice, add copyright information to the tag. For the Alfadesire tube, that information is:

©alfadesire www.PicsForDesign.com PFD_License#

I am using Century Gothic, 4 point, bold and centered. I added the optional background credits and tagged by information at this time. I have my credits centered at H450, V600, and then I free rotated them right, 17 degrees to match the angle of the label.

Effects -> Inner Bevel. I am using Bevel 2. See the box below for the rest of the settings.


Open sparkles and add to main canvas, centered.

You should now save the artist's copy of your tag as a .pspimage file.

Using font or alpha of choice, add desired name to tag. I am using the Goth Chick alpha by Sarah Bryan. I have my name centered at H550, V250. A drop shadow is optional depending upon the font or alpha you are using. I did not use one.

Drop the white background layer and merge visible. Resize to 75% (600 x 600 pixels) and save as a .png file, and you are all done.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If you should have a problem, please feel free to E-Mail Me and I'll be happy to help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment